The Timber Grate (or Timber Grating) is an obstacle that is sometimes encountered in the game.
The Timber Grate consists of a number of crossed wooden planks fixed across things like doorways or manholes to stop access. They will have to be cleared to gain access to something or to proceed further in the game. Sometimes a trap or hazard will make them more difficult to overcome, for example a Flamethrower might be stopping the heroes from getting to them. They are usually easily broken and smashed through if they are not part of a trap.
There are two main types of Timber Grate:
- The type that covers things like doorways, passageways or manholes and simply stops progress.
- The type that covers secret alcoves or niches containing something special or useful.
- Knight: he can smash the Timber Grates with his Sword or Storm Hammer. He can also smash them by throwing Use Items at them.
- Thief: she can smash the Timber Grates with her fire-arrows from the upgraded Fire Bow (but not with her basic arrows from the basic Bow).
- Wizard: he can smash the Timber Grates with magical objects like Boxes and Planks or non-magical objects like Use Items by using his Levitation Ability.
For a list of other types of obstacle see: Hazards