Environmental Hazards are some of the most dangerous things encountered and are often lethal if not carefully negotiated. Any Enemies in the vicinity should be dealt with before attempting to overcome any Environmental Hazards.
- Chasm - a deep fissure sometimes with water, fumes or lava below.
- Crystal - various types of crystal formations.
- Darkness - dark areas that need to be lit up to explore them.
- Fumes - poisonous fumes found in some chasms.
- Lava - blazing hot liquid lava.
- Thorn Plant - plants with dangerous thorns.
- Toxic Water - the lethal poisonous water in some streams and lakes.
- Water - the underwater areas in some streams and lakes.
Traps are dangerous and can inflict serious damage or even death if not negotiated with care. Enemies are often lurking near traps and should be looked out for.
- Fire Pit - pits where enemy Skeletons suddenly appear from.
- Flamethrower - pipes that shoot out fireballs.
- Lookout Post - defended skeleton bases.
- Pendulum Blade - big swinging blades.
- Spike - metal spikes that come out of walls and floors.
- Spikeball - free-rolling and chained balls with spikes.
- Stake - sharpened wooden stakes.
- Trapdoor - hinged doors in ceilings that release Spikeballs.
Obstacles are not actually dangerous as such, but can be, if they are not negotiated carefully or are attempted when being attacked. Enemies are often found near Obstacles and should be dealt with before negotiating the Obstacles.
- Chariot - vehicles with wheels running on rails.
- Elevator - small platforms that slide up and down.
- Moving Platform - small powered vertical and horizontal railways.
- Balance - a pivoting beam with a Hanging Platform at each end.
- Drawbridge - a large drawbridge leading into dungeons.
- Hanging Platform - a suspended platform.
- Hinged Board - boards that are hinged at one end.
- Hinged Platform - small hinged platforms that have to be jumped.
- Pendulum Log - big swinging logs.
- Crane - a large pivot beam with a Hanging Platform on one end.
- Swing - a platform that swings.
- Rocker - a platform that rocks back and forth.
- Bucket Wheel - big rotating wheels with small buckets.
- Cog - various types of spinning cogs.
- Drum - big rotating wooden drums.
- Spinner - 2 or 4 small boards on a rotating central pivot.
- Spinning Platform - large rotating beams on a central pivot with 2 or 4 platforms on the ends.
- Platform Wheel - a number of Hanging Platforms on a big rotating wheel.
- Tilting Board - big rotating boards of various types and sizes.
- Barrier - various types of barriers like walls, cliffs, trees etc.
- Bridge - the many intact and broken bridges that have to be crossed.
- Gate - small metal-bar gates that have to be opened.
- Lever - levers that have to be pulled to open Gates, Portcullises, Trapdoors etc.
- Perch - a very narrow platform that can be stood on.
- Portcullis - large metal-bar doors that have to be opened.
- Pressure Switch - metal plates that open various Gates, Portcullises, Trapdoors etc.
- Puzzle - various puzzles like the balancing blocks puzzle.
- Stone Door - stone doors that have to be smashed.
- Timber Grate - small wooden barricades over doorways etc.